Before you purchase a gemstone in our online store you may want to have it certified.
There is no laboratory in Pailin so we will send the gem(s) to Chanthaburi, Thailand, and have it analysed and certified in a GIA graduated Laboratory.
The laboratories we use are:
GLC: CHANTHABURI GEMOLOGICAL LABORATORY CO. LTD
The Chanthaburi Gemological Laboratory Co. Ltd. (GLC) is an independent gems laboratory in Chanthaburi, Thailand. Graduated gemologists from Gemological Institute of America (GIA), Asian Institute of Gemological Science (AIGS) and the faculty of gems, Burapha University.
19/4 Srichan Road, Watmai,A.Muang,
Chanthaburi 22000 Thailand.
Tel: +66 (0) 888 39 28 60
BLG: BURAPHA GEMOLOGICAL LABORATORY (University of Chanthaburi)
This laboratory has now become the best gems certification body in Chanthaburi and has the most modern equipment.
Burapha Gemological Laboratory, Faculty of Gems,
1st floor Chanthaburi Gems and Jewelry Center Building
Maharaj Road, 22000 Chanthaburi, Thailand
Tel: +66 853 868 595
As we have to bring the gemstone(s) across the border to Chanthaburi (100 Kilometres away) the cost of certification is:
($20) + ($20 per gem for Identification Report/ $45 for Enhancement Report)
Identification Report: The laboratory will certify what kind of stone it is, if it is natural or synthetic, and whether there are foreign elements such as lead glass.
Enhancement Report (Ruby and Sapphire only): Identification Report + reports of other color enhancement such as radiation, Beryllium etc...
Please contact us and we will identify the gems to analyse and evaluate your request.
We can perform the certification before you purchase a gemstone from us and you can change your mind and decide to not purchase the stone, even if you have paid for it, but the certification has to be paid upfront and is not refundable.
The whole certification process will require up to 3 open days.
Sample of the certificate that you will receive, should you purchase the gem(s):
IMPORTANT FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE USING THIS STORE:
Pailin Gemstones is a collective that represents many and most gem stores in Pailin.
We are here to assist you in shopping from home like if you were strolling through the streets of Pailin:
- Availability: PailinGemstones.com registers items from Pailin's lapidaries and stores, but we don't keep the items on stock here. If an item in this website has already been sold in its supplier's store, as much as we have stressed its owner to inform us immediately, it is possible that he has not done so. This could happen with individual items and probably won't for sales by the carat items. In case you want to purchase a specific item, you can contact us so we can double check the actual inventory, but if you have already purchased the item and that it's not available anymore we will find an equivalent stone(s) and propose you options for replacement. If there is nothing satisfactory as a replacement, upon your request we will reimburse you fully or credit your account of the same amount.
- Bargaining: many stores in this website provide prices that are negotiable because internet sales are new in Pailin and some suppliers do not yet understand that to deal on the internet, one has to be competitive price-wise; don't hesitate to contact us so we can visit them and re-negotiate for you.
- Calibration: In case you want calibrated orders it is possible, just contact us with your specifications.
- Custom orders: in case you are looking for a specific item not proposed in the website, please feel free to ask online or by email and we will try to accommodate your request.
- Reshaping: if you would like some gems reshaped, recut, rebuffed or touched-up, it is possible, but you will have to purchase the item upfront.
- Shipping: we have several ways to ship products, from standard mail to EMS, and we can even drive your gems all the way to Chanthaburi in Thailand and ship them with DHL (additional costs involved). Depending on the value of your orders, you should consider spending a little more on your shipping method. Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss this further. Please note that shipping of products can take up to 2 weeks or even more during festive periods.
- Certification: while Pailin stores, like most gems stores in the world, look after their reputation, this website will always try to ensure that the item described is genuine and accurate against its description. Nevertheless we advise that you use our services to have them certified in an accredited laboratory in Chanthaburi. Read more about this here: CERTIFICATION SERVICE.
About our gems pictures:
Please note that we don't temper with gems images at all. We take, for each gemstone, 9 pictures in different lighting environment and upload them without any modification in order to give you a view of the gem's purity, colour, refraction and clarity.
You will notice that the quality of the images we provide is so realistic that you often can see the tiniest defects on angles, faceting lines and other dust particles... but please be assured that most of these are actually not visible to the naked eye, and while we want to be thorough in our rendering of the actual gem, you should consider that the images give too much detail.
In order to be fair with the lapidaries we represent, please consider that other gemstone websites will select only the best image and maybe even modify it with Photoshop while we show you as much as we can of the gem. We hope you remember this when you see small defects in the images, it's not because we show them that our gems quality is any lower than competitor websites.
Finally we hope that you understand that our aim is to be a trustworthy shopping agent for individuals and jewellery stores worldwide. Please be assured that your satisfaction and your repeating business are paramount within our priorities, both for us, PailinGemstones.com, and for the development of Pailin's Gems industry.
So once again, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT US for your questions. We are available with:
* Our preferred communication medium is typed chat via Skype which allows a fast response while keeping records of the conversation for further reference.
PailinGemstones.com operates under Khmer-Dev INC, a registered company with the Cambodia Ministry of Commerce.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE SHOPPING WITH US:
We do our best to take pictures that renter truthfully the color of the gemstones so we photograph under as many light conditions as possible in order to give the best possible idea of what the gemstone looks like in your hand. When possible we take pictures in low light, in shadowed sunlight, direct sunlight, flash and low light.
We never photoshop pictures nor videos.
Be aware of colors on various devices' displays: after opening the website from various devices and monitors it is evident that colors are not rendered the same depending on your display output. Out of all mobile devices and monitors we use the most faithful to gems colors is on our LG LED TV with standard settings while slight to significant variations are observed on our Samsung monitor, Acer Laptop, Samsung Tab and various handheld devices we tested.
Our gems videos are taken in a simple lightbox to that effect and they sometimes distort the colors slightly so we always recommend watching both the video and the images in order to understand the stone. When watching a gem video make sure that it's displaying in HD, the Youtube player sometimes displays lower quality image, make sure you set it to HD to see as much as possible of the gemstone.
Images of our gems corresponds to a x15 magnification loupe view: Photos are taken with a simple Sony Cybershot 16.2Mp set on "food" setting while videos are taken with the default "intelligent" setting. But the lense of thie camera is Karl Zeiss and it shows great details, usually much more than what the eye can see, so don't be put off when you see a small defect in the gemstone, consider that the image corresponds to a x15 loupe view.
We don't produce our own certificates but thanks to our laboratory are able to indicate to our buyers that the gemstones we sell are natural and genuine, and in most cases if they have been subject to gem treatment or not.
For Ruby and Sapphire we can indicate if the gem was subject to heat treatment and in most cases if there are indications of light elements.
For gems identification or treatment assessment we have the following equipment:
- x5 - x150 Trinocular Darkfield Microscope
- Dark Field Magnifier
- Conductivity Tester
- Chelsea Filter
- Density Scale
Now if you're still reading this you may want to watch our latest gems videos: